(costs, tracking, lists, schedules, estimates, production rates)
Excel is an excellent tool to calculate and track important information. If tasks such as tracking expenses, jobs and equipment, or creating estimates are work that you do, then this course will help save you time and money. If you have ever used a spreadsheet created by someone else and struggled, then this course is for you.
Do you calculate production rates? keep track of costs or budgets? Excel makes these tasks easy and it gives you a record of all your calculations (unlike your calculator). Excel makes it easy to verify your work and enter changes. Our one day workshop will show you how to use Excel to do all these things. Learn to create your own spreadsheets, and change existing ones.
Objectives (The Construction Professional will be able to use Excel to create estimates, track expenses, calculate overruns, track production rates, calculate materials usages)
- Create better financial estimates of projects
- Calculate and create records of production rates
- Maintain better financial records of business expenses
- Be able to do tracking of expenses and revenues by job
Prerequisites: Participants should have a basic understanding of how to use a computer(create a letter/email, find files).
- Basic spreadsheets for simple estimates
- Numerical calculations using excel; Calculating Production Rates
- Incorporating financial information (estimates) into Word documents
- Creating simple estimates
- Using formulas; Charting
- Creating Budgets
- Tracking Expenses
- Simple calculations over time – expense tracking
- Record Keeping – jobs and equipment
- Subtotals – tracking by job or location
- Filters – analyzing results
- If Statements
- Multiple books and Links – job tracking: Year over Year comparisons & Reporting
- Linking; Exporting; Conditional Formatting
This is a small class hands-on workshop and laptops with software are provided for the duration of the course.