Change is coming to the Construction Industry in Ontario
The seminar will look at the proposed reforms to the Construction Lien Amendment Act (Bill 142).
The program outline is as follows:
- An overview of the 100 recommendations made in the Reynolds & Vogel Report, Striking the Balance: Expert Review of Ontario’s Construction Lien Act, specifically the Big 4 Recommendations:
- Preservation, Perfection and Expiry of Liens
- Holdback and Substantial Performance
- Promptness of Payment; and
- What stays the same
- The status of Bill 142 – The Construction Lien Amendment Act
Maria heads the Construction Department at Pallett Valo LLP. Her practice is focused on the resolution of disputes in the construction industry, including preservation and enforcement of liens, bond claims, breach of trust claims and construction contract disputes. She is typically involved in complex multi-party proceedings. Maria is an active member of the executive of the Construction and Infrastructure Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association.