This half-day seminar will cover the fundamentals of Construction Liens and Trusts. Attendees will come away with a practical understanding of these remedies, which are unique to the construction industry.
Key learning objectives include:
- When a construction lien works and when it doesn't.
- How to gain the advantage with notices of lien.
- How to handle project funds to avoid personal liability.
- The timing traps what to watch out for
Jeff will be addressing the following key proposed changes in respect of the recently released Construction Lien Act report:
- New enhances greater lien rights
- Extension of deadline to perfect liens
- Improved functionality of the Construction Lien Act
- New bonding requirements
- Prompt payment
Michael Swartz, Partner with WeirFoulds LLP, is focused on serving the construction industry with an emphasis on construction law litigation. He represents clients from across the construction industry, in all aspects of projects and construction-related issues.