Why invest in women in construction?
The construction industry is booming, and it seems wrong that so much energy and resources are focused on filling roles, instead of delivering projects. The Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) understands how stressful this can be. This workshop focuses on improving employee retention by developing leaders from the talent that exists inside your organization. Female talent can often be overlooked. We focus on identifying and developing that talent. Our curriculum is designed based on the Canadian Construction Association’s Gold Seal standard.
Address the war for talent in your organization today by investing in the female professionals you already have. Make a statement that your organization is taking action to support female leadership in the construction industry.
This interactive workshop is an introduction to transformational leadership specifically for female construction professionals. It focuses on the behavioural side of leadership, focusing on social and emotional intelligence, influence, and relationship building.
The curriculum includes:
Female Leadership in Construction:
Understanding the difference between transactional and transformational leadership models and when to lean into each style.
Understand your internal motivations and how to inspire other people.
Social And Emotional Intelligence:
How to influence others and build relationships.
Sponsorship Vs. Mentorship:
How to create opportunities for yourself and others.
The Leadership Mindset:
How to manage self-doubt, imposter syndrome and how to think strategically.
- Understanding your leadership strengths and how to apply them in your current role
- Have a vision for your career and how it fits in with your company’s goals
- Understanding why the gender gap exists in the construction industry and why women cannot solve this issue alone
- Understanding the difference between mentorship and sponsorship, and how to find a sponsor for yourself
- Developing an action plan to build relationships inside and outside of your organization
- Be equipped with strategic thinking tools that can be applied at any level of your organization
- Have a strategy to increase your confidence and influence within your organization.
Who should attend:
Professional women in construction and related industries at any level who are interested in progressing their careers. This includes project managers, project coordinators, estimators, superintendents, accounting professionals, HR professionals, etc.
– Stephanie Wallace, Director Ottawa Construction Association
– Janice Teale, Municipal Group of Companies
Andrea is a Certified Executive Coach with an MBA, the host of the Ambition Theory Podcast, a Forbes contributor, and a top-rated speaker. She is passionate about coaching women in construction to develop themselves, set leadership goals and get results. Since 2018, Andrea has coached and trained over 1,000 construction professionals.