The Lean Construction Institute of Canada (LCI-C) is dedicated to transforming the building industry in Canada by changing how projects are planned, designed, managed, and constructed, in all forms of project delivery. Lean principles, when utilized in construction, can help deliver projects more efficiently, while enhancing productivity, and improving profitability throughout the construction project. Lean Construction has demonstrated its ability to minimize costs and maximize value for all project participants.
To help the Canadian building industry learn more about Lean construction, and to foster a new culture of continuous improvement in the planning, design and construction industry, LCI-C is pleased to offer The Lean Construction Education Program, developed by the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC).
This 7-Unit program will provide professionals at all levels and from all industry sectors with the ability and skills to implement Lean, and transform the way their firms do business.
Unit 5: Lean Supply Chain and Assembly
- Differentiate between traditional procurement practices and lean supply chain applications;
- Identify waste and value-adding activities within the supply chain and assembly;
- Evaluate the impact of using lean supply chain on waste elimination, continuous flow and site operations pull;
- Identify strategies needed at the project and company levels to support the lean supply chain;
- Expand lean beyond the individual project; and
- Create a value stream map to diagnose and improve the supply chain.
Unit 5 is a full-day course. Upon successful completion, participants are entitled to apply for one (1) Gold Seal credit, and can apply the completion of Unit 5 to the 7-Unit AGC Certificate of Management – Lean Construction (CM-Lean).
Quality Dynamics Inc., Winnipeg
$490 + HST (booklet not included)
James is a Construction, Operations and Quality specialist with over 20 years experience. James has successfully lead cross-functional teams through lean transformations, quality system implementation and process optimization projects. He is an Accredited Instructor for the Associated General Contractors of America – Lean Construction Education Program.