Facilitated By: Mr. Brad Chin, Senior Project Manager, MMM Group
Speakers Line Up includes: Mr. Compton Cho, Director of Estimating, Bird Construction
This workshop conforms with CCA Gold Seal Standards and will provide an overview of the entire tender process, with an emphasis on demonstrating how proper procedures can avoid costly situations for all parties.
Workshop topics include:
- Complete cycle of a project: forms of project delivery and pre-qualification process
- Performance security options: Bid bonds, performance bonds, Labour
- Tender Legalities and Legalities at bid closing time
- Tender period: basics of preparing a bid, managing tender forms and closing day
- Sub-trade tenders: preparing trade estimates, handling addenda and bid strategies
- Bid analysis and review: procurement methods and contract award
- Operations input into estimating: project planning and documentation
If you are an owner, consultant, general contractor, trade contractor, supplier or manufacturer you surely don't want to miss this opportunity!
– Wael Samain, MJ Dixon Construction Ltd.
Brad has experience in senior management roles on many large complex infrastructure assignments, including Manager Project Controls for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT projects.
Compton Cho has been perfecting a broad range of construction management skills for over 25 years. His projects include offices, hotels, theatres, health care, pharmaceutical, tenant improvements and more. He is the key speaker for the TCIC Pitfalls of Bidding and Tendering program, and Mentor for 2013 to 2015 TCIC Bid Committee.