Public Procurements, especially capital projects or services, have increased complexity, resulting from lessons learned. Adding to this is the compliance to public procurement principles like governance, transparency and fairness from selection to competitiveness and project completion. To ensure that these principles are met, a stringent procurement process is adopted by all agencies.
Mode of procurement, traditional or alternative, drives the process in a particular manner that meets project requirements for complying to public procurement. The criteria of qualification differ widely and is dependent on the project nature and service needs.
Prequalification process has become very common in the construction industry. The public entities are interested to review a proponent’s past records and ability to complete their project successfully. Successfully generally meant to be the scope, schedule and cost for the client, and in fact there are others like fit-for-purpose, futureproofing using the latest technology and public safety. All such aspects are considered to bring best value for money.
This course aims to provide a clear understanding of the pre-qualification process and how assessments are made. It will also provide practical guidance on how to approach answering each question being asked. Explain precisely what information is being sought and to provide an insight into improving success in competitions.
This course is for those who have and/or facing challenges in getting prequalified or sustaining continued pre-qualification. The participants will gain substantial knowledge in making an effective pre-qualification submission to succeed.
- Line by line explanation of standard prequel documents
- Suggested response material and documentation
- How to improve your prequalification performance
- Common errors to be avoided.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the basic procurement principles,
- Differentiate between pre-qualification and a proposal,
- Understand the rationale behind the pre-qualification process,
- Understand the intrigue pre-qualification questionnaire in the given context,
- Focus on the strategic ways to draft a statement of qualification,
- Identify and address value differentiators for best scoring, and
- How to prepare both CCDC & other similar pre-qualification requests.
OR Mar. 17 & 18, 2021
OR May 5 & 6, 2021
For over 30 years, BalaRama Iyer has been involved in various capital projects development, procurement and delivery, globally. Currently, he’s a Director of Specialty Practices at WSP USA and leading delivery of several transit & infrastructure projects while providing advisory services to public- and private-sectors on transit-oriented developments. Iyer is World Bank qualified procurement and contracts professional.