Having high overhead costs, underbidding, and low productivity eaten up what remains of your razor-thin profit margins?
In this two half-day instructor-led live webinar, we will help you recognize problem projects, identify unwanted expenses, increase productivity, manage overhead expenses and address labour shortages.
- The essentials of operations, labour productivity and finance for contractors
- How to control and reduce expenses
- How to rid yourself of labour productivity concerns, high overhead costs, below-budget profits and cash flow headaches
- How to increase cash flow and improve profits
- Identifying 8 of the major causes and offering methods to resolve them
- Identifying some of the recent advances: cloud computing, collaborative software, BIM, drones, wearables and offsite and prefab construction
- Discussing some of the operational and financial issues: profit essentials, estimating, project management, labour productivity, people skills, materials and tools management, change orders, job costing, overhead controls, cash flow, AR collections, risk management, asset controls and a host of others.
- Key strategies to improve profits, reduce/control costs and increase cash flow
- Understanding the elements of making profits
- Managing labour productivity
- Understanding the causes and solutions of the skilled trades shortage
- Effective human resource policies and procedures
- Identifying new technology to improve productivity
- Understanding the risks and potential errors in estimating
- Controlling and/or reducing overhead costs
- Ensuring that billings and change orders are controlled
- Improving AR collections
- Safeguarding company assets
- Reviewing financial performance tools
- Forecasting company and project cash flows
Who should attend:
Owners, department and division managers, project managers and coordinators, field supervisors, administrators, estimators and Gold Seal candidates.
Gold Seal Credits: 1
Note: the comprehensive course manual filled with the methods and strategies is included for your future reference.
An excellent speaker with an extraordinary comprehension of running a Profitable Contracting firm.
Provided further understanding of operations and financial management related to project management.
Course content of seminar was well-grounded with printed materials, videos, power point presentation and articulate instruction and Q&A by presenter.
For over 35 years Wayne served in senior financial leadership roles and worked with companies throughout Canada, the United States and the Caribbean. His experiences and expertise, shared with many companies, has helped owners, managers, employees and businesses grow. In doing so, he has amassed a library of knowledge on what makes a successful contracting company.